In business since 1983, every road led to a prompt and professional paving service provided by D&D Paving.
IS IT OKAY TO PARK MY CAR ON THE NEW DRIVEWAY?+
During the first six months to a year, your driveway is still curing. Take the following precautions during that time to keep your driveway looking great:
– Try not to park exactly in the same place every day.
– Don’t turn your steering wheel back and forth if your car isn’t moving.
– If you must use a car ramp or jack stand to work on your car, place some plywood under the ramp or jack to help distribute the weight.
WHAT BENEFITS DO YOU GET WHEN USING HOT MIX ASPHALT?+
There are a few good benefits to be thankful for when using asphalt pavement for your home or property.
– Asphalt Pavement is strong and durable.
– It adds a nice touch to your home, it can enhance your home's curb appeal. It also is a great way to help sell a property having a newly paved driveway.
– It is designed and engineered to withstand freezing, thawing, heaving, and more.
– It allows for snow to melt off it easier in the wintertime. And salt does not affect your asphalt pavement.
– Unlike other, more dense materials, such as concrete, stamped concrete, etc.. asphalt paving is designed to flex and give with frost throughout the winter months.
– It is permeable, it moves up and down slightly as the ground freezes and as the ground thaws for spring.
And hot asphalt blacktop paving is the most cost-effective option you can choose for your property. The same reason millions of homeowners use blacktop pavement all over the world. Hot Mix Asphalt can last for many, many years. There are a few recommendations we have to ensure the longevity of your asphalt paving installation.
HOW DO YOU SEAL A DRIVEWAY?-
When sealing a driveway, the entire surface area must be cleaned of grease, oil, debris, sand, stones, etc.…Then any and all cracks must be cleaned out and filled with a crack filler/ hot tar compound. This allows for the smooth coat of sealant to be installed. Sealant can be brushed on or sprayed on. We use a brush-on sealing method. This allows for a thicker coat of sealant to be installed. We find this to work best for our customers. We recommend our customers wait a period of 24 hours before using the driveway after sealing.